Budget Center OverviewVision
The Budget Center is a service organization that exists to provide Schools and Central units with the best information for making financial decisions that advance their strategies and programs.
- Provide a unified, comprehensive, and streamlined approach to department, school, and university budgeting
- Increase confidence in budgets and forecasts and enable stakeholders to use resources efficiently and effectively
- Expand the breadth and depth of analysis provided to schools and central divisions for strategic financial planning
- Clarify roles to assess budget needs, authorize spending, and focus accountability
- Improve access to information and other tools to enable responsible stewardship of resources and enhance transparency
- Reduce the effort involved in budgeting, thereby enabling schools and divisions to reduce costs and focus staff effort on program development and support
Budget Center Director Interviews: Six Months into a Year of Transition.
The Budget Center directors talk about their first six months as a new organization, the essential support they have found among the groups they serve, and their plans for the coming year.
- Updated: February 24, 2016