Tufts Global, Inc. is a wholly-owned non-profit subsidiary of Tufts University to implement Tufts operations overseas.
- In a country where Tufts Global, Inc. is already a registered entity, Tufts Global, Inc. may be able to serve as the employer of record in-country. In some scenarios, Tufts Global, Inc. can assist in visa processing and sponsorship.
- In a country where Tufts Global, Inc. is NOT a registered entity, employment of U.S. citizens, expats and third-country nationals paid from federally funded projects may be possible via a bilateral agreement. In this scenario, Tufts Global, Inc. cannot sponsor work permits.
NOTE: If a program spans over several years, has significant staffing demands, and will need office space, it may be suitable to register Tufts Global, Inc., however, the need for this will be carefully evaluated. Please contact Global Operations for more information.
- Employer-owed taxes
- Employer-sponsored benefits or allowances (i.e. health insurance, housing)
- Monthly fee of outside payroll provider or facilitator
- Legal fees (i.e. contract review by in-country counsel)
- Visa sponsorship fee, if necessary
- Severance requirements in-country
Please contact Global Operations for more information.